- Cite a "fact" you just made up and see if they believe it.
- Change the subject.
- Apologize for something random or tangentally related to the topic. Especially if that something makes you look good.
- Play dumb.
- Miss the point.
- Mis-state or misapply previous advice. Cite a secondary authority's misapplied advice.
- Try to find hypocrisy in your opponent. Even if you have to imagine it.
- Pretend you don't remember anything past 2 minutes ago.
- Confess to something. ANYTHING.
- Beg a secondary authority to call a hault to the person who is defeating you in an argument.
- Pretend to be wounded that someone could possibly disagree with you or find fault with your methods.
- Try to make them feel guilty for possibly scarring you for life and crushing your delicate self esteem.
- Cite endorsement by a secondary authority.
- Claim that EVERYONE agrees with you. Or if not everyone, at least your extremely limited peer group.
- Demand that the other party cite 5 people who agree with their opinion.
- Act surprised that anyone noticed that you haven't any idea what you're talking about.
- Underestimate your opponent. DRASTICALLY. Act offended if they act in any way but the one that you scripted for them in your head.
- Claim "you didn't know."
- Take all constructive criticism as either "jealousy" of your superior ... whatever... OR "hatin'." Avoid taking anything beneficial from the criticism.
Friday, March 16, 2012
The BEHAVIOR List:
Posted by MightyJesse at 6:31 PM