Tuesday, January 11, 2011

What sound does a sheep make?

Moodles received a very nice but extremely confusing gift from her God-Parents for Christmas. Now, I don't want you to think for a second that I'm knocking her God-Parents. They're awesome, and not having spawn themselves, I wouldn't really expect them to consider how this gift might affect Moodles' development. In fact, even realizing the issue, I find the toy hilarious.

The gift is called a "Sleep Sheep." It is an adorable stuffed lamb with a velcro loop on the back so that it can be attached to the side of Moodles' crib. Inside the lamb, there is a talky-box that makes soothing noises to put the bebe to sleep. The sound options are: white noise, rain, ocean, and whale.

There isn't a single setting that will allow the sheep to make a noise similar to what an actual sheep might make. Admittedly, said noise wouldn't exactly be considered soothing, but still. You see my point, yes? I can see her kindergarten teacher now...

"Moodles! What noise does a sheep make?"

"eeeeEEEEEEEeeeerrm, WHOOP whoop whoop. whhhheeeEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee. Orm."

"Er. No. That's a whale, honey."

Which isn't to say that the sheep won't be used fairly extensively... I may just take the noise maker out of the Sheepy and stuff it into the WHALE she received as part of a different gift... Honestly, though... Why didn't anyone consider this during R&D?

On an entirely different note, this morning, I came downstairs to find 0 mice in the containment area.

Uh oh.

The cage was firmly closed, and neither of the dogs looked particularly guilty. I woke up Husband to ask him if he'd released them into the wild, even though I was extremely doubtful that he'd have done such a thing without me. He did not.

I took the cage into the kitchen for closer examination and found a hole chewed in the lid of the container next to the water bottle. So now the cage I bought is shot and I have to re-trap all four mice. Also, I think Moodles may have learned a few cuss words.

So, the trap is reset in the kitchen. No more Ms. Nice-Guy. As soon as I have the full set, they're going to the park, since they don't appear to be happy to stay in the comfortable dwelling that I provided.

0 comments:

Post a Comment