Sunday, February 6, 2011

Day 6: Other sock and some yarn...

Poor Moodles ran a temperature of 102 all day yesterday and did NOT want to be put down. Not even for a second. So, I wore her in her backpack all day and entertained her with the spinning wheel. Apparently she finds its whirring as soothing as I do, because that's pretty much all she wanted to do the entire day.

That was OK by me, because that gave me a chance to try out my new high speed whorl. I had been trying and failing, repeatedly, to make sock or lace weight yarn with my wheel. Eventually, I got sick of trying to figure it out on my own, and hit the intertubes for help. As it turns out, this is why they make different gear ratios for spinning wheels. The smaller gage your yarn, the higher twist you need.  I needed a new part for my spinning wheel. Surprisingly, amazon.com has spinning wheel parts and accessories. Problem solved... now I just need to learn to spin a consistent enough yarn not to jam up my sock machine. We will see how this batch does tonight.

0 comments:

Post a Comment